Monday, September 10, 2007

I Love My Wife

I have a bumper sticker on my car. It says "I Love My Wife". Simple in text but it creates more conversation than any I have ever seen.

Most of the comments come from men who ask if my wife made me put that on my car. I had such a comment this past week from a person who serves on a committee with me. He then asked if my wife made me put the sticker on my car when she caught me with my girlfriend. I responded "no, man... I put it on my car because I love my wife!"

A good response at the time but later I wish that I spent a little more time witnessing to this guy about the love for my wife as well as its source (God).

You see, my wife IS my girlfriend. She is all I ever need. I feel that way because I do not want to seek the worlds description of 'love' but want to only depend on God's. Jesus came and walked on this earth to show us the perfect example of love. That perfect love as abused to the point of being unrecognizable and then nailed to a cross because of His perfect love for you and for me.

Perfect love... not love as the world tries to describe or redescribe. Why would you want to have a dime-store copy of a Rembrandt when you can have the actual painting by the creator himself. I have a Rembrandt whose beauty is beyond description. I am blessed beyond all measure.

No comments: