Saturday, November 17, 2007

The End of a Christian Nation - Apathy

I feel that the end of the United States as we know it is close at hand. To read and hear quotes from the founding fathers of this nation is to understand how much our fathers were devoted Christ Followers. Oh yes, you can find the one here or there but they are very rare.

Today, we have a nation that is blurring the lines of morality for its own pleasure. It is interesting though that I do not feel that the end of this great nation is at hand due to satans work outside of the church in the hearts and minds of unbelievers. No, the end of this nation falls on the responsibility of those that are warming the church pews on Sunday but living like this world the rest of the 6 days and 23 hours. Apathy among Christians will be the ultimate downfall of this nation.

As I spend more time in the Bible (THE WORD OF GOD), I am more convinced that there are very few 'grey' areas that are open to interpretation. There are a few... but areas such as homosexuality vs. sex only between male and female, sex outside marriage, evolution vs. creationism, only ONE way to heaven vs. only believing in a god... these are very, VERY clear.

Christian people are you listening?!? This nation is heading towards hell as we sit back on our rears and do nothing! Stand and be a Christ Follower! From 2 Timothy 1:7-8 in the Holy Bible, Paul is saying to Timothy "For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God (speaking of the Holy Spirit), which is in you though the laying on of my hands. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, who saved us and called us to a holy life-not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE "SIT BACK AND DO NOTHING???"

I am sick and tired of people telling me that my faith is a personal thing and I should keep it to myself. Yes, it is personal but that personal relationship to my God gives me an intense desire to see the lost with the love of God. I can't just sit back and watch them tumble towards hell. I must do SOMETHING. Please join me...

4 comments:

srvngwthjoy said...

Well said! I am only one and I can't do everything, but I can do something...and I choose to serve my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

A Line in the Sand Ministries said...

Great comments and so true. I had a pastor tell me that "an apathetic Christian is a pathetic Christian. We are all just one however, bound together in one accord we are mighty in His Name. I want to encourage you to get active with a ministry at www.alsministries.com.

Rev. John C. Isbell
Founder/President
A Line in the Sand Ministries, Inc.

Anonymous said...

I love this article. I actually live in Scotland, but it's the same here too-ish.

As a young christian (17 years old, got saved when 16), I have a desire to also save the lost with the love of our Lord.

How do we do this, you may ask?

Well,follow the example of Jesus for one thing. People NOTICE if you are a loving person. I'm not just talking about saying nice things to people. I'm talking about submitting to others, putting yourself in last place, accepting other people the way Jesus did (think of the adulterous woman) and not condemning others, but with gentle grace, showing them the true light in us!

Telling them is also one thing, but we have to be exceptionally careful in what we say.

I sometimes ask people if they would like prayer (for healing, comfort, peace) etc. Just anyone, anyone who looks sad or lost or confused.

Also, earnestly praying for our nation to the Lord. Our Father is faithful and He wants to save His people just as much as we do (even more-so!)...

So lets put on the fullness of God, try to conform to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit and love.

Because God is love.

Unknown said...

Our founders were ALWAYS on their knees in prayer, asking for guidance and protection. We MUST "pray without ceasing" (something I have failed to do) to save our beloved country, or God will go elsewhere.