Saturday, January 5, 2008

Consistency

The word 'consistency' is on my mind this morning. You see, I've been reading from the book of Job in the Bible. Job is a great example of consistency. His walk with God was blameless yet he had trials and tribulations like few others in history. Through it all, he shows some confusion and bewilderment as to why these trials have come upon him but he continues to trust in God and look to Him for strength and answers. I look back at the minuscule trials that I have had in comparison and the number of times that I turned away from God during those times. Job does not turn away but instead worships God! Incredible.

As I move in to 2008, I want the word 'consistency' to be on my mind continually. My walk with my Savior, Jesus must be consistent. My conversation with God (prayer) must be consistent. My spiritual leadership to my wife and family must be consistent. In all that I think, say and do... I want to be a steadfast rock... consistently depending on the Word of God for my knowledge, wisdom and understanding.

If you are reading this, let us make a promise together to walk consistently with God today.

No comments: