Monday, August 25, 2008

Get Up Off of Your Duff and DO Something!

Some call it an epiphany, I just call it waking up and smelling the coffee.

I got the message from God yesterday that I have been thinking too much of ME lately and not enough about Him and what I need to be doing for His Kingdom.

You see, I've been plagued with tension headaches for the past four weeks. They usually come in the late morning and little medication takes them away. It has been a cycle that has created an 'oh, woo is me' attitude that has placed my eyes on me instead of on God.

It is time that I change that. It is time that I lay these headaches at the cross and get back to God's business. Time is short and I have so much to do. OK, today I move forward and get off my duff!

I heard a great quote yesterday and it applies here. "We need to quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death." (Mark Batterson Wild Goose Chase) As I sit here writing this morning, the sun is just about to rise above the horizon. My heart is beating and my lungs are breathing in and out, therefore God has given me purpose for today, He has a job for me to do.

What is your purpose of life? Is it to focus on yourself or to focus on others? Please take the time to reply and I would like to see your views.

1 comment:

charli said...

I have read your words with great joy. I try everyday to do something for someone because I feel the Lord is with me and reminds me that he loves me so much that if I can give half that to anyone I will be fulfilling his promise to me. I enjoyed your statement "Get up off of your Duff..." It reinerates what we all need to do to make our world a more safer and enjoyable place to be. I wish you great joy in your journey. Look forward to your next blog. My name is Charli,too. But I am a girl. Thank you