Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dissappointment or Success

The past several days have been ones of mixed emotions. I applied for a promotion with my company when my Director left for another job. I knew that I have the qualifications that my company is looking for and was encouraged by many in my industry to seek the position.

I did my homework and studied the issues. I burnt the midnight oil in making sure that I'm up on all the angles. I created one awesome resume (if I say so myself) and received numerous letters of recommendation. I was ready!

But there is one hiccup and that issue lead to my downfall in a promotion. My superiors wanted the position to be based out of a different city that is three hours away from where I presently live. I came up with what I felt was a reasonable compromise but in the end, I was passed over due to this issue.

I prayed often about making the move but God told me over and over again "no, you are where I want you to be right now". So, I am disappointed that I was not offered the promotion but I feel relief and successful that I am within God's will in this area of my life. I could have chased the increase in pay but in the long run, being outside of God's will is not where I want to be.

The past several days have been filled with mixed emotions.

2 comments:

Becca Ramirez said...

I'm sorry you didn't get it but I know you are exactly in the right spot and I'm proud of my Daddy :-)

NEO, SOC said...

I am glad that you are willing to subject yourself to His Sovereign will. It is not always an easy thing to swallow. Dig deeper into your time with Him, and things will become clear.