Friday, March 20, 2009

Spreading the Gospel is Not an Option

I went to my first 'Missions 101' class at my church last night. My church is big-time into missions and sends people constantly around the world on short and long-term missions. Although these trips many times are designed around a building project or whatever, the primary purpose of all missions trips is evangelism... spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 28:19 says "go..." and it does not make it optional. Whether my mission field is local with someone I meet today or global via an Operation Christmas Child shoebox or a trip around the world, I am to spread the Gospel.

Until now I have always thought that I'll spread the Gospel when I am trained and yes, I should work towards that goal but I can still use the knowledge that God has given me to spread the Gospel today also. A person that I meet today may die tonight! If I do not allow God to reach them through me, their eternal life may be spent in hell! Oh my...

Today is the day of salvation. Christ Followers, today is the day to spread the Gospel. God did not give us a spirit of timidity but a spirit of power and strength (1 Timothy 1:7 - 12).

Today is the day.

No comments: