Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Value of Time

A song from years back keeps going through my mind...

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day 'til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go through time with


© TIME IN A BOTTLE; CROCE PUBLISHING

This is an incredible love song that really puts emphasis on the value of time. I often think of great people of the past who lived thousands of years ago and yet we still speak of them today. They too had 24 hours in their day just like I do.

I really dislike the saying that "I didn't have time to do (this or that)". It all comes down to priority and not time. Where are your priorities today... that is where you'll find your time.

As Valentines Day is around the corner, guys... take TIME to consider where your priorities lie. I pray that you will find them in:
#1 God
#2 Your Wife
#3 Your Children

Be deliberate this Valentine's Day to spend time with your Bride. Shower her with your time...

2 comments:

Pat said...

Spot on Charlie. Love that song too. Time is the truly irreplacable resourcet we have. How we choose to use it will create the lasting moments in our lives.

Becca Ramirez said...

You will be amused to know that I often quote the "time priority" speech to my girls :) I know I always made excuses when I was their age, but maybe they will hear it and learn it in the long run, like I did!